In December my friend Isi came from Spain paying me a visit and to discover Vancouver for 1 month and 10 days. We made some unforgettable activities and little trips.
One of the first was on Bowen Island. That's were I met Lorraine, Alizée and Pedro, some French, Portuguese and Belgian friends.
Lorraine lived 2 month and a half in a family in Tagish, Yukon, caring the 3 little boys and helping with the dailies tasks, here is her blog. The good stories of her blog stimulated me to do something similar. Then she shared me the contact of this family. I really wanted to live a kind of "woofing" before leaving Canada. So I emailed the mother of this family and she accepted me to spent the month of August in her family. I hope I'll experiment a great adventure over there, close to Whitehorse.
Coming back about the visits with my friend Isi...
Her visit was the best present that I got this year. We were hungry to discover a lot of sites around Vancouver, and always happy to meet nice people during each one of our trips.Thank you Isi, without your travel by here, I would never had a so great opportunity to explore the environment around Vancouver, like Pemberton and Tofino.
Our first trip was in Seattle. We flied on the flying trapeze at the Sanca circus school.Then we hiked in a nice forest around Seattle.
After that, we visited the Q.G of Microsoft, ingenious huge and "cozy" marketing campus.
On Sunday night we went to the Pink Door, a great Italian restaurant-cabaret where you can watch an acrobat doing some shows on a trapeze and on a silk. Moreover the food is delicious.
On 24 of. Dec. we spent the holly night at Erika place. There we made great encounters, as Emilien and Anne-Laure.
Of course we dance without moderation...
| Happy :-) |
Also we went to the first nation museum. There we learned how those people was living in a very harmonious way with the nature. And we learned to tiss a bracelet.
In Pemberton, we spent a great time in the Shiloh Works Hostel. A nice couple of Swiss people are managing a cozy place fro holidays. Next to the building with the sleeping rooms, there is a big room to play various games (as a billiards-pool), some musical instruments and the possibility to watch movies on a large screen.
| Our "living room"... |
When you enter inside this 30° water when it's around 0 degree outside, amazing sensation !
We made a nice hike in the Joffre Provincial Park, where there are 3 beautiful lakes and a big glacier at the end of the trail.
| Joffre Provincial Park |
And after that we went out in Pemberton with the daughters of the landlord and some of them friends.
It's the best hostel I never went so far, where we had never been so well cared... Moreover very clean, in the middle of the nature, with a beautiful view on the mountains.
| Shiloh Works Hostel |
For the New Year's Eve we watched a great Circus Show at the Vancouver Playhouse. And for the Eve's diner we had a good Burger !
Hé hé, of course... It's not every year that we celebrate a New Year in Vancouver, B.C... (City of the burgers and the sushis)
;-)
Hé hé, of course... It's not every year that we celebrate a New Year in Vancouver, B.C... (City of the burgers and the sushis)
;-)

:) thank you very much again for live with this wonderful and unforgettable trip, I think vancouver would not have known if not for you. I like the text, but more thing ... I have written you.
ReplyDelete